A Good Starting Point..
If you are new to Australia or yet to travel to Australia as a student, this page should be a good starting point. I will continue to add key and more useful articles and tips for future and current students in Australia here. The below sections are classified for your convenience. If you have any questions, we are here to help, guide and recommend. Connect with us on Facebook or use the student discussion forum on this website to share and discuss. You could even choose to contact us directly.
Reaching Australia – All you need to Know Before reaching
Below are a set of very handy resource articles, experiences, tips and information that will prove to be very handy for you international students reaching Australia. Make Sure, if you find it useful, bookmark the same, save the URLs or like us on facebook to have the information handy.
- Landing in Australia, a student experience reaching the Aussie airport
- The Climate in Australia and its major cities
- Some Harsh Truths about student life in Australia
- Is Australia Safe for Students?
- Different types of fines you should be careful and avoid when in Australia
- Cost of Living for students in Australia
- An ideal day in the life of an Australian student
- How discouraging could student life in Australia be?
- Best universities and their rankings in Australia
- Another way for cheap shopping in Australia – Garage Sale
- Life as an International Student in Australia
- Stay AWAY from Gambling and why you should!
- Random International student sharing her experience
- Why Course Hopping is not a good idea – Don’t risk your Student Visa!
Getting Settled down in Australia as a Student
Settling down as a new student in Australia is a BIG challenge when you don’t have all the right information handy. The sections below explains just that! All the information you need to settle down, find an accomodation, buy stuff for you and much more is mentioned below here:
- Opening a Student Bank Account in Australia
- Best Australian banks for students to choose from
- How to find cheap student accommodation in Australia
- Where to go for cheap grocery and utility shopping in Australia
- How to find cheap student furniture in Australia
- Opportunity Shopping for dirt cheap stuff
- How to find good coffee in Melbourne 🙂
- How to find cheap university textbooks in Australia
Travel for students – Public & Private Transport
Travelling in Australia is well networked and easy if you are in city and around the nearby suburbs. But in case you want to travel to the interior suburbs, private transport is the best. Hiring a cab and taxi could be quite expensive. Below are the key information about traveling and getting around Australia as a student.
- Travelling in Australia and Public Transport
- Travelling by Trams in Australian cities
- How to buy a cheap & good used Car in Australia
- Should I buy a car as a student in Australia?
- What to do if your car gets stolen in Australia?
Student Job and Professional Careers in Australia
Finding a job and having a planned career approach is another challenge. Below are some useful information on how to find a part time job and the search process in Australia.
- How to Search and find a Part time student job in Australia
- 10 Most popular and common jobs for students in Australia
- Jobs and Work Permit for Students in Australia
- How to apply for a ABN (Australian Business Number) if you plan to work as a sub contractor
- Finding a student internship in Australia
- Finding an IT / Information Technology job in Australia as a Student
Some more useful Stuff that could come handy
- How to send courier from Australia to India
- Gumtree Portal – To find accommodation / used stuff / cars / rentals / jobs
- Car Sales Website – To find used cars
- Student Discussion Forums – To participate in Discussions and share about student life
- Whirlpool Forums – discuss anything and everything a common Australian would know.
- What’s On in Melbourne and Things to do in Melbourne – Place to find the best events and restaurants in Melbourne
- Second Hand Furniture – Finding Used and cheap furniture across Australia
- Official Australian Immigration Website – All news and application, process, rules etc. on Immigration
- Melbourne – Everything you want to know about Melbourne
- Sydney – Everything you want to know about Sydney
- Brisbane – All you might want to know about Brisbane
- Perth – All you might want to know about Perth
- Adelaide – All you might want tot know about Adelaide
- Canberra – All you might want to know about Canberra